Complex Institute of Education is pleased to announce that in partnership with Higher Education and Skills Group – formerly Skills Victoria, and the Federal Government it has secured a contract to offer Government Subsidised Training as part of the Victorian Training Guarantee. One of our friendly authorised delegates will work through all eligibility criteria with students to see if they qualify for this funding.
The Victorian Training Guarantee is making vocational education and training more accessible to people who do not hold a post-school qualification, or who want to gain a higher level qualification than they already hold. This is a great initiative that will see more training subsidised for more people.
Am I eligible for a government-subsidised training place?
In 2014 students are eligible for a government-subsidised training place if they:
Meet one of the following citizen/residency statuses:
· an Australian citizen; or
· a holder of a permanent visa; or
· a New Zealand citizen;
And are any of the following:
· under 20 years of age (as at 1 January 2014) and seeking to enrol in nationally recognised training; or
· over 20 years of age (as at 1 January 2014) and seeking to enrol in nationally recognised training in an Approved Foundation Skills List course and;
§ Are not enrolled in a school (including any government, non-government, independent or home school);
§ Do not hold a Diploma (AQF 5) qualification or higher; and/or
§ Are not enrolled in the Commonwealth Government’s Skills for Education and Employment program; or
· over 20 years of age (as at 1 January 2014) and seeking to enrol in nationally recognised training in a course that is at a higher qualification level than the highest qualification held at the time of the scheduled commencement of training.
· Victorians of any age whose existing highest qualification is the Victorian Certificate of Education; Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (Intermediate or Senior); International Baccalaureate Diploma; senior secondary school certificates from other Australian jurisdictions; qualifications with the title ‘Course in…’ which are not aligned to a specified level within the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF);non-Australian qualifications, except where equivalency has been formally established with a qualification within the AQF or any VET certificates completed as part of a senior secondary qualification will be eligible for a government-subsidised training place in a qualification at Certificate II or above.
· They haven’t enrolled in, commenced or completed two or more other government-subsidised courses in 2014. (This means that you can start no more than two government-subsidised courses in this calendar year)
· They are not already doing two or more other government-subsidised courses. (This means that you can do no more than two government-subsidised courses at one time).
*Two enrolments in the same qualification (where one was started but not finished) is only counted as one towards the above.
**If students have a referral form from an Employment Services Provider (ESP), Asylum Seeker Resource Centre (ASRC),Australian Red Cross (ARC) or from the Department of Human Services (DHS) they should speak to a Complex Institute of Education Authorised Delegate as eligibility exemptions may apply.
Once eligibility for the Victorian Training Guarantee has been assessed and students have completed the enrolment process they will be provided with an acceptance information pack that outlines the course they have chosen in detail. Students will receive a Class Schedule, a Student Information Handbook and general information about the course including all the details they need to know about participating in the course; times, dates etc.
Once students have completed the course we would be happy to offer our free recruitment services to assist students in applying for, and hopefully finding employment in their chosen field. A large number of students that use our services find sustainable outcome based employment and have changed their lives forever
This Training is delivered through Victorian & Commonwealth Government funding
People with Disability(s) are encouraged to apply
Once you have completed your desired course Complex Training Academy offers free recruitment services to assist you in applying for, and hopefully finding employment in your chosen field. A large number of students that have used Complex Training Academy’s free recruitment services have found sustainable outcome based employment and have changed their lives forever.